Tuesday, February 19, 2013

How I style: Button Up Tops

DISCLAIMER: I purchased all of these items with my own money. I am in no way affiliated with the brands/companies mentioned in this post.
I actually had a bit of a dilemma yesterday as I was trying to pick an outfit for school. I felt like I've worn my  favourite top (2nd from the left) too many times this month. I'm sure some of you ladies have experienced this too. Haha. Well, I love my button-up tops as they are not too casual nor formal for school. There are other types (long-sleeves and peter pan collars) which I have yet to add to my wardrobe. Today I just wanna share some of the ways I like to style these versatile tops.

Apologies in advance for the awkward poses and quality of the pictures, I'm still trying to get the hang of photography and editing!

Top: Pepper Plus, Cardigan: Esprit, Shorts: Cotton On, Necklace: Forever 21
I just adore the colour of this top, light turquoise. I used to only wear this by itself but this morning I paired it with this cute necklace and cardigan. I was pleased with the outcome, the necklace resembles a bowtie which I thought was a nice touch.

Top: H&M, Shorts: Cotton On, Necklace: Rubi
This black top is a staple piece, it can match almost everything in your closet. I just went for this cool angel wings necklace and buttoned it all the way up. Sophisticated look? Close enough :)

Top & Necklace: Forever 21,  Shorts: Cotton On, White tank: H&M
Is it just me or do blue & white stripes always look nautical? This gorgeous anchor necklace matches the top well for a "sailor" inspired outfit. Also, I can just button it up, ditch the anchor necklace and it still looks cute!

Top: Thrifted, Shorts: Forever 21
Check out those adorable bows for buttons! I wanted the focus to be on that detail so I didn't accessorize. Instead, I opted for my favourite shorts ever. If you can't already tell, I love pink. These shorts were made for me!

Shoes for all the looks: TOMS!
These are my go-to shoes for school. Super comfy and matches most of my outfits .
All the accessories used


Thank you so much for reading! I hope you got some inspiration from these outfits. Be sure to let me know what you think in the comments!


 I am actually in the midst of exams, so I won't be posting until Friday. I'm so excited for my school break ! SO MANY BLOG POST IDEAS.


I think my next post shall be my February Favourites. Any of you have done one already? Leave me a link and i'll check it out.



Arianne


17 comments:

  1. I love that turquoise one, I wish i had more shirts! I'm a new follower :)

    http://mermaidhairandtoomuchmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ^^
      Same here, we can never have enough shirts!

      Delete
  2. I love all of the photographs in this post and how you have put hearts and collages edited in. Really cute and girly. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how sweet of you to leave such a lovely comment,
      Thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm loving that pale green colour as well! Excellent choices for tops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely outfits! I especially love the sailor theme with the anchor necklace! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I really love that little bow and the anchor and well the wings as well!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job styling these outfits.
    xo
    Tiffy
    http://www.CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I literally suffer with the same problem! Loved this post :) xx

    styleandskulls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a lovely post, Arianne! nice tops!

    www.modesuechtig.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments!
I will get back to you as soon as I can <3