Thursday, October 3, 2013

I'm Back!

Hi There!

It's been a few months since I updated and I owe you all an apology.

Honestly, I've been contemplating on whether or not to delete this blog for a few weeks now. I've stopped updating for many reasons. Too busy with school, becoming uninspired and having personal struggles with my own body image, confidence and style. I kept thinking that there are so many bloggers and fashion/beauty gurus nowadays, run by girls who are so much prettier, slimmer and more popular than myself. The more I got into blogging, the more I got obsessed with those girls. I became very detached from reality and I felt so.... depressed. I started to fear that people from my school would find my blog and make fun of me. I was careful not to tweet about my blog or share it to anyone I know. It's not that I am not proud of my blog, because I really am. I was just scared of their reaction because I didn't think I was the type of girl to run a fashion blog. I am studying Aeronautical Engineering for crying out loud! I hardly wear any make up to school and I have found no point in dressing up.There are only 2 other girls in my class, both not very girly either. My best girl friends were from my secondary school and we all go to different schools now. I felt so lonely and out of place in my new school which led me to spending most of my time online. I became so overwhelmed with anxiety which haunted me everyday. I couldn't possibly continue putting myself out there if I wasn't happy with myself at all inside.

Fast forward to today, I'm in a much better state of mind and I am feeling inspired again. I still do love fashion and makeup. This blog is literally my only way to express my girly side so I have decided to keep this blog alive. I really did miss the creative process behind every blog post, from taking pictures, editing and the thrill of publishing. I'll be going back to school in a couple of weeks and I shall be making a few back to school fashion posts and all that good stuff very soon :)

I'm so thankful for all of you who decided to follow me and each of your nice comments.

Arianne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments!
I will get back to you as soon as I can <3